The Kauai Marathon & Half Marathon information for visitors and participants," find actual time days and locations for Kauai run. All marathon runners headed over to Kauai for this annuall Kauai event can unwind and relax to sports and fittness massage before or after the run..... Find exact maps of the Kauai marathon run in Popipu Kauai: scroll down.._>
Don't miss the 2009 Kauai Marathon Sports
The 2009 marathon run will begin in Poipu Kauai," Location on Sunday Sept 6 th 2009: Poipu Beach, Kauai The starting line with be in front of the Poipu Shopping Village on Poipu Beach Road. Incase a runner needs athletic sports massage Kauai Massages.com is offering a marathon runners sports massage special in Kauai: Gather your things and head on over the the massage hut located in Kapaa at the Coconut Market Place: or schedul and outr-call massage in your Popu vacation condo or Poipu rental...
Get a full hr of sports reflexology therapy for a low discount massage savings price. This accommodation is strictly for all Kauai visitors and runners in Kauai marathon.
Ask about the sports medicine session where Ximena A applies the hidden medical massage treatments un known to many. Getting rid of overly tightened muscle tendons and un aligned muscle joints and ligaments from shoulders to arms and legs. Runners get tense in those targeted areas," mainly do to overly stressed and the over use of running hard," let our customized and athletic trained therapist unwind the body while increasing joint flexation and muscle flexibillity in the legs arms and hips. Prior to the Kauai marathon event email us about massage free massage quots and the popular medical massage therapy.
On Sunday, September 06, traffic will flow in and around the Koloa, Poipu, Lawai and Kalaheo areas however, anyone traveling in these areas should allow extra time and proceed with extreme caution. All times listed below are approximate. Traffic flow will be monitored by KPD throughout the course(s).
· Poipu Rd will be closed from Kapili Rd., to the Koloa bypass from 5:30 am until 6:15am
· The Koloa by pass outbound lane will be closed from 6am until 8:30am. The inbound lane will be open to Poipu bound traffic only during this time.
· Maluhia Rd., from the Koloa bypass thru to Hwy 50 will be closed to outbound traffic from 6:15am until 8:30am. The inbound lane will be open at all times however it will be slowed from 6am until 8:30am. All traffic on Maluhia and the Koloa bypass will return to normal by approximately 8:30am.
· Hwy 50 from Maluhia west to Omao Rd., will be restricted to alternating one way traffic in the mauka lane from 6:30am until 8:30am. Traffic flow will be monitored by KPD at both Maluhia and Omao Rds.
· Omao Rd., from Hwy 50 to Koloa Rd., will be closed to thru traffic from 6:30am until 9:30am. All residents living in this area are advised to use extreme caution if they must enter Omao Rd., during this time.
· Koloa Rd., outbound from Koloa to Lawai Valley and Hwy 50 will be open but slowed. The inbound lane will be closed from 6:30am until 1pm. Runners will utilize the makai lane during this time.
· Lauoho Rd., and Waha Rd., will be closed to thru traffic from 7:15am until 12:30pm. All residents living in this area are advised to use extreme caution if they must enter either Lauoho or Waha.
· Papalina Rd., from Waha to Pu’u Rd., will be restricted to alternating one way traffic in the mauka lane from 7:15am until 12 noon. Traffic flow will be monitored by KPD at both ends.
· Pu’u Rd. will be closed to thru traffic from 7:30am until 11:30am. All residents living in this area are advised to use extreme caution if they must enter Pu’u Rd.
As runners retrace their steps via Papalina, Waha, Lauoho and Koloa Rds., those roads will re-open as indicated above, once all runners have passed.
· Kukui’ula bypass road (southbound for runners) will be closed to all traffic for both the full and half marathons from 6:45am until 1:30pm. The outbound lane from the roundabout to Koloa Rd. will remain open.
· The Poipu Roundabout will be open but traffic will be slowed as runners enter the roundabout from Kukui’ula bypass and cross over to Lawai Rd and then onto Ho’onani Rd. This area will be impacted from 7am until 1:30pm.
· Ho’onani will be closed from 5am until 2pm from Lawai Rd., thru to Kapili. Traffic will continue to flow in and out of the Sheraton Kauai Resort via Kapili Rd.
In summary, traffic will flow in and out of all south shore areas but it is recommended that travel in these areas on race day be limited or deferred from 5am until 2pm.
Website Up-dated February 10, 2010