Pet and animal massage therapy is no different then massage on Us! As a certified LMT I highly recommend home dog and cat owners to use massage therapy to build a bond and trust between you and your furry friend. Dogs in particular have a positive reaction to different types of massage.
Massaging your dog has so many benefits and it promotes well-being for years to come in a dogs life.
Pet professionals are using massage to help treat dogs with certain types of arthritis," this action allows dogs to live pain free after a regimen of therapy. Using a good bone and joint MSM supplement combined with a natural dog food and a small rub down is a highly recommended alternative to using harsh pain medications that some veterinarians prescribe to alleviate pain and arthritic symptoms.
Pet massage can bring an array of well-being into their lives. Using a massage allows them to feel loved and of course the connection is much better. Here's a few highly recommended Animal massage therapy techniques a home pet owner can use every time you sense pain or discomfort from your loved pet.
First How do I know my dog has arthritis? Usually a dog will start to slow down and become lazy and tired," they might seem very distant suddenly. If you see your dog limping or consistently licking their paws it could a significant sign. Use a regimen of massage by gently rubbing their thighs and areas that may seem to be tense.
Should I call a professional Animal massage therapist? Only if you cannot massage your pet should you call a therapist," make sure you Google search Animal massage therapy techniques.
Here's a free list of animal massage styles and techniques: Instructions for Dog massages.....
- Lomi Lomi For Dogs- This style requires that you use a deep style from head to toe," but not to deep it could hurt them.
- Shiatsu for Dogs - this is used to mildly penetrate trough old scar tissue dogs have acquired through daily living. Use a basic rub but use the meridians chart to guide you in the steps it is very easy one you have the basic dog meridians chart.
- Swedish For Dogs - Used to create more mobility in a dog upper neck ares," this can be very helpful in arthritic conditions of a canine," use a light sesame oil," then apply the swedish style evenly
- Neuro Muscular For Dogs - Using basic knowledge ot Neuro Muscular release therapy can promote flexibility and joint health. Using a deeper massage help your dog stretch evenly with comfort.
Make sure you listen to your dogs cues," meaning whimpering, pulling, jerking, barking loud, choking, scratching.
What are some good signs that dogs show when they are feeling relief from massage?
- Sleeping right away
- Tail wagging
- Tongue out
- Thirsty for drinking water
- Alertness increase
- Jumping high
- Running longer
- Playing harder
- More attention begging
- Increased metabolism
- More Friendly
- More trusting
- No barking loud
- A sudden increase in circulation
A plus for home dog owners," by learning some of the basic techniques LMT's use to massage us," now those same manipulations can help your love one," the dogs and cats you love the most.
You don't have to be a professional therapist to give your furry friend a decent rub down,' unless you can afford a certified Animal Massage Therapist. Many of them are quiet costly but they are highly sophisticated and finding the most tense and painful place your dog and cat might be experiencing.